Wednesday 20 April 2011

The Brides' Project

I WANT TO TELL YOU ABOUT "THE BRIDES' PROJECT"!


To quote their website:
"The Brides’ Project has two very important purposes: to provide every bride with the things she needs for a beautiful wedding within her budget, and to support cancer charities by donating all our profits."

How amazing is that!?

In that spirit, my little Sister, Monica and I went there to shop for her wedding dress on Saturday.

Helen and Emma (the fabulous ladies that helped us that day) were so supportive and really let us have a bawl trying on their gorgeous gowns!


So how does it work?

Well, like any other Bridal Salon, you must 1st make an appointment.  AND you must be early (if not on time). There are many Brides out there who need their hour and half just as much as anyone else!  We were early and got the most out of our time. In fact, we finished early!

Why anyone would bring their Starbucks coffee to their appointment is beyond me. But apparently this is a common occurance! Aaaaand a BIG NO-NO!!! I mean, why don't you just draw a big ol' happy face on your dress with bright pink lipstick while you're at it!?  Apparently common sense is STILL anything but common. 

For the record, we were good girls, read the rules and did NOT bring any beverages what-so-ever.

We also brought our own slippers as well.  No outside footwear is a great idea!  These dresses are too gorgeous to contend with city grime!

This was just one of many delightful rooms we were aloud to play in! Wisely, each room was divided into size category.  There's no point falling in love with something you can't alter to fit you!

Helen was wonderful in educating us about how to find the right size, how to properly carry and re-hang the dresses and how bridal sizing in general works.

And I loved how hands on she let us be.  There was no micro-managing in our experience.  We felt like little Princesses in the Queens wardrobe!


I liked this room a lot, but alas, it did not fit the budget.  Maybe when it's my turn?  *Giggle*
I loved how ethereal and romantic the house where the Brides' Project resides looked on this rainy day. Our hearts started to beat faster as we saw the window!
I mean, C'MON!  Just look at Monica's grin! The excitement was palpable!

You'll also notice she wasn't wearing any make-up.  Another wise and ridged rule she followed faithfully.  I can't believe she looks so stunning with out it.  Lucky girl!
I fell in love with the stairs!  It just helped put us in "Wedding Dress" mode!
These dresses looked SO scrumptious!  They were in the high-end room. We just looked into it briefly.  I forgot to take a picture, but to the right, there was a wall of GORGEOUS "Lilliput" birds nest hair fascinators. They were stunning.

SHOES!!!!!! 
My favorite things in the whole entire world!  It was all I could do NOT to go and try them on!
Did you know that a wedding dress train has a small loop in the middle seam inside for hanging purposes?  I had to make sure each dress we tried was hung properly...and carried like a hot fireman would carry me.  I giggled a lot doing this. 3 dresses at once was about all I could do though.  They're HEAVY!!!
I just loved how each dress had it's on personality.
And the detailing on the appliques was superb!
We got such a kick out of the underskirts in the giant bathtub!  I wanted SO badly to just jump right in!  It's so hard being good. 
"Great Success!"  She said "YES" to the dress!

AND there are no alterations needed! That never happens! It's as though it was made for her! Big grins all around!


note: I WISH I could show you how stunning she looks in the photos I took of her in her dress!  Alas, like everyone else, you'll just have to wait until the day.

Just think Vintage Silver-Screen Siren.

Magnifique!
One more shot for the road.
The FABULOUS EMMA!
....holding the pink bag Monica would take her new and wonderful dress home in.
The FABULOUS HELEN!
She so loves what she does!

---------------
I can't thank Helen & Emma enough for such an amazing and stress free experience.  Monica and I are so happy to have supported a worthy cause too.

I highly recommend this organization to anyone!  I know where I'm going to go when it's my turn!

For more information about how to donate your dress or find the one of your dreams, please check out the official website for the Brides Project:

http://www.thebridesproject.com/

Stay Gorgeous Darlings!

XOXO The Fashion Ninja
Lizz de Savoye

No comments:

Post a Comment