Tuesday 22 February 2011

Only 27 more days till Spring!? How the H did that Happen!?

So in an effort to stave off my very intense and all consuming S.A.D. this past winter I began my annual and epic countdown to the 1st day of Spring. It started with 68 days.  And almost every woman I said this to looked at me like I had taken crazy pills for breakfast.  One even told me to go participate in a winter sport to feel better if I hate the cold that much.

Let me be clear here.  It's not that I DISLIKE Winter.  It's just that I don't like to be cold. Further more, I LOVE to wear pretty dresses and ballet flats.  Parkas and pants are just not my thing. And even though I wear leggings and skirts at work, the act of putting pants on over my leggings to wear under my skirt to deal with that horrible windchill is just plain exhausting and time consuming.  I might as well be sitting into a full body snow suit like when I was a kid.

Which reminds, where can a gal get one of those these days?  They were AWESOME!!!!

But seriously, you can't go anywhere without spending 15 minutes suiting up and stripping down!  Forget having any drama out in a public place.  You'll be over it before you've even finished putting on your hat, sweater and scarf. You just can't make a flashy exit in the Winter.

Now, a few wise Betty's have enjoyed telling me that just because it will be the 1st day of Spring on March 21st (some schools go by the 20th), it doesn't mean that the weather will be all sunshine and patio lattes.

DUH!!!!!

I am well aware of that.  But what I am celebrating is the mind set that from that point on, the weather can only get better.  It's all about attitude darlings!

So, until I hear the birds chirp, feel the warm sun on my face and can stop zipping a glorified duvet around my keester, I am going to do this:

I am going to try on one pretty sundress with pretty shoes everyday to remind myself that there is life after snow!

I've been doing this pretty much daily since January and it has really helped with my S.A.D.  A daily vitamin D pill helps take off the edge too. And maybe some wine at the end of the day while counting down on the calendar.....

Only 27 more days till Spring!?  How the H did that happen!?   Sweeeet!


Stay Gorgeous Darlings!


XOXO The Fashion Ninja
Lizz de Savoye

3 comments:

  1. YOU RULE LIZZ!!!!! Another awesome blog......i'm already excited about tomorrow's! ;D \m/ \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, here i am publicly now so i will repeat what i said above with my big strong voice....LOL!!! "YOU RULE LIZZ!!!!! ANOTHER AWESOME BLOG......I'M ALREADY EXCITED ABOUT TOMORROW'S BLOG! ;D \m/ \m/" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm glad you are enjoying your daily does of awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete