Monday 28 February 2011

And the F Bomb goes to.....

I don't remember the last time I enjoyed watching the Oscars as much as I did last night.  Sure there were some parts that dragged on, but the speeches for the most part didn't get played out, no one stole the moment from the winner and there were only a few dresses that made me want to fire these women's stylists on their behalf.

The most memorable moment of course was when Melissa Leo won for Best Supporting Actress and dropped an F Bomb like it was hot.  Best. Moment. Ever! I laughed so hard and laughed even harder when 15 seconds later a PG rating appreared on the screen. DUH!  Too little too late TV!  You should have put a warning right at the beginning.  Academy or not, we are all human in the end and I'm pretty sure my mouth would be a little blue if I won an award like that too! 

And yet, someone FINALLY recognized good TV and let her continue!  It was one of the most genuine and funny acceptance speeches I have ever seen!  Go Melissa!!  She's someone I could definitely picture myself doing tequila body shots with after going to an Art Opening on a Thursday night just for the hell of it! Bawdy and Graceful all at once.  She's my hero!

James Franco and Anne Hathaway did a lovely job hosting. Sure, they weren't as funny as I had hoped they would be, but they were sweet and supportive and well, James just looks so darn hot in a hot pink dress!  And Anne was stunning in EVERYTHING as usual! What can I say? They were a refreshing change from the acidic insults Ricky Gervais hurled out at the Golden Globes.  This was an awards show Ricky, not a roast!!!!

Now, did anyone else notice a huge trend toward Emerald earrings and necklaces last night?  It's like this trend went viral right before the show and each woman's stylist ran to the nearest Harry Winston and haphazardly threw some rocks on their Actresses. I think the only 2 women who looked put together with their green accessories were Reese Witherspoon and Annette Benning.  As always, they were the epitomy of effortless chic!  Amy Adams on the other hand looked like her team had forced a pearl necklace with an Emerald pendent onto her stunning blue sequined dress.  Such an unfortunate choice.  It just made her look so over done and undone.

And what about Oprah!!!???  I love her!  But I did not, not, NOT love her dress!  It made her boobs look like they were crying shiny satin tears while trying to (pardon the pun) BUST OUT!!!  I have a big wrack and even I know better! I think her style team forgot that the stage lights at the Chinese theater are 100 times brighter than at Harpo Studios.  Sorry Queen Oprah, but I just wasn't feeling your ensemble. 

A little style tip I learned (the hard way) a few years back:  

Always make sure you get a picture of you taken in your dress with the flash on.  It's the worst lighting imaginable.  If you still look halfway decent in your dress, pass go.  If you do not, then take that hideous thing off immediately and move on!  I wish I had done this before my unfortunate choice of dress for my BFF's wedding. 

Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis were the style stars of the evening!  Although, I kept feeling like I was going to see nipple at any moment with Mila.  The purple lace from her dress just kept tripping me out!  But Natalie looked ever so stunning in her fuschia gown.  SO elegant and lovely.  I can say the same about her acceptance speech.

It thrilled me to no end that my pics for Best Actor/Actress and Motion Picture all came true.  Each person and team was well deserved.

And of course, I simply MUST mention Trent Reznor!  I grew up with his Industrial music.  I have been a fan for years.  But never, ever in a million, kazillion years did I imagine he would do an Oscar winning soundtrack for a film! Go Trent!  I felt so proud.

I can't wait to see what next years show is like!

Until then,

Stay Gorgeous Darlings!


XOXO The Fashion Ninja
Lizz de Savoye 











No comments:

Post a Comment