Friday 17 June 2011

What do you mean you don't have this!?

As per my Sisters request (and since she is the Bride after all), I will be covering up my tattoos during her Wedding ceremony (and for pictures) tomorrow.

I don't want to, but it's her day, so I will.

But how do you do that in June with out passing out from over-heating?

Well, me being me, I decided to leave convention. Instead of the usual "go-to" pashmina, why not cover up with a pretty, nude colored, lace shrug instead?

Seems pretty simple doesn't it?

You would think so......... 

But as per usual, I have a habit of making up things that don't exist. And so yesterday after A LOT of searching in almost every store imaginable (the week prior), I went back down to the fashion district to go buy more fabric to MAKE IT MYSELF!!!

I tweaked the pattern from my favorite "Costa Blanca" summer shrug.

I just smoothed out the front panels to let the lace sit on my collar bone instead of falling across my chest.
To give it that "heirloom" effect, I chose to stitch the entire piece by hand so as not to interfere with the integrity of the lace.

I lightened up the photo to show you the detail in the lace, but in truth, it is actually much darker & almost the exact shade of my skin.  


Et voila!  A very sweet, subtle, shrug that will not only HIDE my tattoos, but will add a touch of romance.

Here's hoping for bright, sunny skies with just a sprinkle of rain in the morning for good luck.

Stay Gorgeous Darlings!

XOXO LiZz de Savoye
The Fashion Ninja

No comments:

Post a Comment