Thursday 30 June 2011

I ♥ U "Sassy"

Does anyone remember reading "Sassy" Magazine back in the 90's?

I LOVED that magazine!!!

I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for this wonderful publication.  I really have to give my younger Sister Monica, credit for introducing me. I was about 16/17 years old at the time. She would subscribe to Sassy and each month I would patiently wait for her to finish so I could enjoy reading each wonderful page.

I vividly remember my heartbreak when I learned that Sassy Magazine would cease to exist.

Where was I going to get my inspiration to change a pillowcase into a dress? How was I going to learn about John Fluvog, sex, drugs, and alternative music?

Being a very girly Rrriot girl, the transition to reading "Alternative Press" was musically satisfying but the absence of "Sassy" still left a void in my punk DIY fashionista heart.  I was still too young to fully appreciate Vogue and anything else left me feeling empty.


I will always love "Sassy" Magazine for re-assuring me that different is awesome. No one did that better and no one probably ever will.

I would love to get my hands on some back issues so I could show them to my Nieces when they get older. I don't know if they'll appreciate them like I did, but I hope to be the kind of role model to them that Sassy was to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassy_%28magazine%29

Stay Gorgeous Darlings!

XOXO The Fashion Ninja
LiZz de Savoye
lizzdom.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment