Wednesday 24 August 2011

Get Yer Kicks!

Despite the gorgeous end of Summer weather, boot season is just around the corner. Stunning leather confections are popping up in stores everywhere like morning glories in the garden and I couldn't be more excited!!!

Furthermore, the 2 tone trend (a la Prada) has come into full effect. 


Not only in the form of saddle, brogue and oxford but also in a boot.  I am SO jazzed I called this one!  Remember those gorgeous 2 tone lovelies I bought back in June!? http://lizzdesavoye.blogspot.com/2011/06/return-of-doc.html

Until I can find a gorgeous Prada-esque pair,  what I'm really leaning towards is another pair of Doc Martins.  Not only because they are hellah comfortable...but because they yet again re-invented themselves to add a more nostalgic and romantically retro feel. 
Take the Vintage 1914 Triumph lace up boot!  I think that is definitely on my wish list!

Dreaming about them is great!  Breaking them in totally sucks! 

But there are ways to diminish the suckage factor. 

1)Cut a long strip of cardboard from a beer box. 

Don't judge me! It's some of the strongest cardboard out there. Cut the strip wide enough to curl around your ankle and mid calf. You'll need 2 pairs of long socks to execute this method properly.  Put on the 1st sock.  Take masking tape and tape card board to the back of your ankle and calf.  Put 2nd sock over. 

I know, I know!  You're probably cringing by now, but it really does work!  I cringed too when a crusty punk kid shared this secret with me oh so many years ago. But it has prevented SO many painful blisters and I use this method with every boot I break in!

2)Wear thick socks.  Even if you're not going to use card board, a thick pair of socks will give you just the right amount of wiggle room later. I find men's sports socks to be the best.

3) Put thick band aids over any pressure spots.  This is more a proactive measure than anything else.  Not only will it prevent any blisters, it also helps stretch out those trouble spots.

4) Go dance your heart out a few nights in your fabulous new boots.  The adrenaline of a great song will work your new kicks in better than anything else!

There you go!  Now tell me you don't feel like a super star when you break in your next pair of boots!

Stay Gorgeous Darlings!

XOXO The Fashion Ninja
LiZz de Savoye
lizzdom.tumblr.com










 

No comments:

Post a Comment