Friday 18 March 2011

Green Sleeves


Although I am not Irish, you sure would have guessed by my attire yesterday that I was!  I used this lovely little guy as my profile pic on facebook.  Isn't he cute?

I think we all like to participate in St. Patrick's Day for different reasons. The most obvious being the perfect excuse to get drunk and rowdy!  The biggest for me is that I get to wear as much green as I want without looking any more cartoonish than the next guy.  Emerald is my birthstone, so of course I naturally gravitate towards those lovely hues.

But funnily enough, I don't participate every year.  Some years I just drink a few beers, others I don't even do that.  

But this year, I went all out!






First I found a website where you can locate the McDonalds restaurant that serves Shamrock Shakes.  

http://www.shamrockshake.com/shamrock.shake

After years of "Saying" I would get one, I finally got one!


I take my Shamrock Shake very seriously. 

It was delicious.


Of course, I couldn't think of a better time to go see the Tim Burton exhibit down at the Tiff Bell Light Box Centre.

I look like a caricature, he created many wonderful caricatures.....it just works. 

A side note: They really ought to post more signs about NOT taking any pictures.  We were totally surprised when the security guard asked my friend to erase her pics. He was such a jerk about it too!

Despite that, I had a great time, thoroughly enjoyed what I saw and will be going back a 2nd time to see all the animation I didn't get to see the 1st time around. 

This was definitely worth the $$ for any Tim Burton fan. 



And then there was the beer!  I only had 2, but lemme tell you, by the 2nd one I was HAMMED!  Maybe it's the food coloring, maybe it was all the revelry around me.  MAYBE it was the fact that I don't drink very often. But by the end of my 2nd one, it was time to go home.
 Can you tell I feel great here!?  Hahaha.


Even the graffiti one the bus was in sync with the holiday!


And for once, my nails didn't chip!

 One more for the road!


Aaaaaand just to shake things up, I wore my new leather Coach gloves I bought myself for Christmas last year. I can't wear ALL green now, can I?  

No comments:

Post a Comment