Thursday 27 October 2011

The Power of Threes!!!

This past Saturday I was forced to hoof it from the subway to my friends Wedding (to help with last minute set-up) because there were NO streetcars for miles and miles! I had left home 2 hours prior in an effort to be early. She was getting married in a few hours and the Toronto Transit Commission was earning themselves a gigantic FAIL!!!! 

So as I'm hurtling down the streets of Toronto like a mad woman, I see something white from the corner of my eye zip down beside me.  I stop dead in my tracks only to discover that a bird had pooped on my Chanel Baguette handbag!!!!

Deliver me from Karl Lagerfeld,

You have never seen a woman shriek more like Homer Simpson!  I whipped out a tissue faster than you could say "SACRILEGE!" and wiped down my handbag furiously!  I was INCENSED!!!!

Now, in some cultures it's good luck when this happens.  So I took a deep breathe and called to the Fashion Gods.  "This one is SO on you!"  I proclaimed, shaking my fist at the sky!  And then I pulled myself together and proceeded to make miracles happen for my friend in the next 2 hours and thought nothing more of it.

Until Wednesday.  Apparently that good luck has started to come my way!

Since that fateful (or I should say- poopful) incident I got my beloved $110 Portolano red leather gloves for a song!
http://www.portolano.com/

By chance on Wednesday I asked the girls in the accessories section at the Bay when they would be having their one day glove sale.  I showed them the pair I had been eyeing since August and wouldn't you know it, they had been reduced to 60% off!  Couple that with the $30 HBC gift card I had been saving, I walked away with those little cuties for $20!!!

Insert Happy Dance HERE!!!!

And then I got to see the LEGENDARY Oscar De La Renta in the flesh yesterday!

He was at the Bay to promote his new Fragrance "Live In Love"...a delightful floral I might add!

Jokingly I told everyone that if I ever even made it to the 3rd floor to see him, I'd be lucky if I got to spy his pinkie finger as he would most likely be surrounded by so many adoring fans. But the fates chose to be kind to me.  As I left my shop to go make change in the cash office, I got to watch him walk past me with his entourage.  Sigh.  He was SO debonair as he kissed his guests good-bye.  Yes, I am STILL swooning!

So I wonder what lucky happening #3 is going to be? *Giggle*  I better go play the lottery on pay day tomorrow!  Who knows?  I could be a "thousandaire" if I play my cards right!

Cha-ching biznatches!!!

Stay Gorgeous!

XOXO The Fashion Ninja
LiZz de Savoye
lizz.desavoye@gmail.com
lizzdom.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment