Friday 22 July 2011

In your face "Heat Bubble"!!!!

Heat Bubble!!!!



The very word makes me giggle.....and sweat!  It just brings up visions of eggs cooking on sidewalks, 3am sci-fi movies and crazy iced-coffee commercials!  And if I were lucky enough to be beach bound, I might not mind it so much.

But I'm not. I am work bound instead.

So how do I keep my body core temp low enough to avoid heat and or sunstroke when I am forced to leave my wonderfully air conditioned cocoon at home!?

Well, these options may not be the most glamorous, but they work and right now, that's good enough for me!


1) Soak your DARK t-shirt (or dress) in cold water and put it on. I stress dark as you don't want to give a show, you just wanna be comfy! By the time you reach your destination, you'll be bone dry and one cool cucumber!


2) If that is too gross for you, just try soaking a dish towel in ice cold water and putting that around your neck.


**When I got on the air conditioned bus yesterday, I then folded it up and put it in my freezer bag amongst the ice packs that were keeping my dinner cool.  By the time I was waiting for the subway home last night, it was SUCH a delight to pull it out and cool off while waiting amongst the over heated masses!

My freezer bag is not nearly as FF as this Prada one....but a girl can dream!


3) If that seems too complicated for you, go old school!  Just wet your hair and put it up in a pony. That'll keep your head nice and cool alllll day long. I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time as it can be rough on your roots and will increase breakage, but for short term respite, it's perfect!



4) I cannot stress enough how wonderful option #4 is!!!  Use your umbrella to block out the sun! It stave's off sun stroke better than any hat!

I'll be doing it again today, I promise you!


And of course, if you are lucky enough to be near any body of water: lake, pool, public fountain.....Jump in and enjoy!  Cuz Jan. is only 6 months away!


Stay Cool and Gorgeous Darlings!

XOXO The Fashion Ninja
LiZz de Savoye
lizzdom.tumblr.com
twitter@lizzdom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment